After Ferrari,Sauber,Toro Rosso and Marussia’s lead in opting to field their race drivers only at the first in season test session since 2008,and now Red Bull and Mercedes have confirmed the schedules for this week’s tes at Mugello.The completing line-up for three-day session which will start on Tuesday.
While Red Bull will kick off the test with Mark Webber behind the wheel of the RB8 throughout Tuesday and then on Wednesday morning, before Bahrain GP winner Sebastian Vettel takes over on the afternoon of day two and sees out the week.
And Mercedes will share driving duties on day one before Schumacher and Rosberg get a full day in the W03 apiece on Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
The Mugello circuit which is owned by Ferrari, is staging its first multiple-team F1 test for five years with the Tuscan circuit set to be the venue for a number of teams trying out their first significant update packages of the season ahead of the first European race next week in Spain.
Formula 1 test at Mugello line-ups:
- Caterham: Rodolfo Gonzalez, May 1; Vitaly Petrov, May 2; Heikki Kovalainen, May 3.
- Ferrari: Fernando Alonso May 1 and 2; Felipe Massa, May 3.
- Lotus: Jerome D’Ambrosio, May 1; Kimi Raikkonen, May 2; Romain Grosjean May 3.
- Sauber: Kamui Kobayashi, May 1 and 2; Sergio Perez, May 3.
- Force India: Jules Bianchi, May 1; Paul di Resta, May 2; Nico Hulkenberg, May 3.
- Williams: Valtteri Bottas, May 1; Bruno Senna, May 2; Pastor Maldonado, May 3.
- McLaren: Oliver Turvey (AM), Gary Paffett (PM), May 1; Gary Paffett, May 2; Oliver Turvey, May 3.
- Toro Rosso: Jean Eric-Vergne, May 1 and 2 (AM); Daniel Ricciardo, May 2 (PM), and 3.
- Marussia: Charles Pic, May 1 and 2 (PM); Timo Glock, May 2 (PM) and 3.
- Mercedes: Nico Rosberg (AM), Michael Schumacher (PM), May 1; Michael Schumacher, May 2; Nico Rosberg, May 3.
- Red Bull: Mark Webber, May 1; Mark Webber (AM), Sebastian Vettel (PM), May 2; Sebastian Vettel, May 3.
- HRT: The team have announced they will miss the test.